Sunday, July 29, 2012

Leadership Blog Post - Week 4

Ever since I can remember, I have been amazed, enthralled, and encouraged by Jacques Cousteau.  He was  such an amazing individual!  I remember being a little kid, maybe 6 or 7 years old, and telling my mom that as soon as I could, I was leaving and going to work with him.  This fantasy continued throughout my life - I frequent the official webpage, check out education opportunities through National Geographic, and just can't seem to let go of the idea of how cool it would have been to spend some time with this amazing scientist, researcher, author, inventor, and photographer.  His persistence, his passion, and his childlike curiosity about anything oceanic, inspires me to inspire my students.  Because of individuals like him, I encourage my students to question, to be curious, to be problem solvers, to be inventors.

Here is the link to the official site:
http://www.cousteau.org/

(Photograph from Wikipedia)

1 comment:

  1. Excellent choice for a leadership role model, someone who never gave up on his passion or curiosity to know and understand the watery world. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete