Monday, July 23, 2012

Leadership Blog Post 4 - Who do I respect and admire?

I think the man, the leader, that  I admire most is his Holiness the Dalai Lama.  He is a promotor of basic human values, a fosterer of religious harmony and welfare of the people of Tibet.  The things that amaze me most are his endurence, his perserverence, and his love of life and people.  I am not a religious person, but I admire and sometimes envy people who are.  I believe there is some force greater than myself out there...maybe it is the combination of all people doing good deeds.  I don't know.  What I do know, however, is that this man of peace, this man of knowledge, this man of kindness, this man of simplicity, inspires and encourages me to be a better person.  I try to live the statement, "Be the change you want to see in the world", because of his example.

Here is a link to his official site:  http://www.dalailama.com/

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful choice for your leadership role model. What a great life mantra: Be the change you want to see in the world."

    ReplyDelete