Saturday, December 3, 2011

PE2_iMovie

The second third of this series of videos was definitely more interesting and informative than the first.  Again, clear, concise examples are presented, the pace of delivered information is comfortable, and the narrator just makes you feel like, "you can do it!".


Topics in this section included fine tuning clips, splitting and cropping clips, more information on using advanced editing tools, working with effects and colors, using transitions, and adding titles and text to your project.  Of all of the topics, using transitions and adding titles were the most informative.  They were the things I've struggled most with when making iMovies.

Now that I've watched the video, making transitions between video clips or between clips and still photos seems awfully easy.  There are many pre-made transitions that you just drag and drop into your project.  You can choose to use the same transition throughout your movie, or change between clips.  You can even adjust the duration of the transition, which I found to be pretty cool.





I'm embarrassed to admit that the other thing I really struggled with was adding a title and credits to my projects, so much so, that most of them didn't have either.  Again, now that I've watched the video, I think the quality of my productions will improve drastically.  You may even get to know the topic of my movie and who the stars were!

No comments:

Post a Comment