Wednesday, December 21, 2011

BP7A_RILS_Videolink_and_Reflection

Greetings!


Here is the link to my RILS video.  I thoroughly enjoyed working with my students to create their Museum Box projects! 







Overall, I think using the Web 2.0 tool, Museum Box, was successful.  The majority of my students were successful and enjoyed learning to use the new tool.  There were a few students who would have rather just taken a test and gotten it over with, as they thought the project was just too much work.  Students enjoyed working collaboratively, and commented that they learned better when they worked with others, that they learned more from others than when working by themselves, and that they enjoyed learning more about the topics than we had learned in class. Additionally, students were asked to peer score their partners on preparation, focus, participation, and interpersonal relations.  On a scale of 1 to 4, most students scored themselves and their peers at the 3 and 4 range, and wrote critical comments for improvements in areas that they thought their peers could improve.


For my part, the only real hang up was the time required to set up a school account, and the timeline to get the project completed so I could get my project completed!  I would use the tool again, possibly with my eighth grade physical science classes - possibly on a research project on our solar system.


Regards,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment